Get Your COVID-19 Results Fast With Rapid Testing
Covid-19 has proven itself to be a very contagious virus. In fact, it is spreading faster than ever before. You may want to have a rapid test conducted if you suspect you may have Covid-19. Luckily, you can have a rapid Covid-19 test done from the comfort of your own home with Drip AZ.
Types of Tests
There are two main types of Caronavirus tests, both deal with swabbing the nasal cavity. The difference is one is nearly instant, and the other can take up to two days. The rapid antigen test takes only 10 minutes for results to come back; the PCR swab takes up to 48 hours.
Rapid Covid-19 Testing is Easy
Simply request an appointment and a registered technician will come to assist you with the test. A quick Covid-19 test and the PCR swab can be performed, insuring accurate testing. This means you will receive one set of test results before the nurse leaves; the other results will be given to you in a few days time. Rapid testing ensures that we can respond as quick as possible to a potential Covid-19 outbreak.
The Instant Antigen Test
No matter who you are, you can benefit from getting your Covid-19 results as fast as possible. Whether you work in the public or the only people you are around are family, with a rapid test, you can notify those that you’ve been around that they may be infected. You can begin your quarantine process immediately once testing positive from an antigen test.
The antigen test has many advantages over the PCR swab.
Tests of this particular type were permitted for home use by the FDA back in December, and they are assisting in slowing the spread of Covid-19 already. They are allowing people who suspect they have the virus to do exactly what they need to – stay home.
The PCR Swab
The other test is a molecular test that looks for the coronavirus RNA in the upper respiratory part of the body. This test is more accurate; however, it takes much longer for the results to come back.
Who Should Consider being Tested?
Anyone who has came into contact with an infected person should immediately be tested. A person should also be tested if they have been to a Covid-19 hot spot. Testing should be considered if you are showing numerous symptoms of the virus too. These symptoms are fever, shortness of breath, and cough. If a possible outbreak occurred at work, there is a group plan to test the entire office space.
Protecting Yourself from Covid-19
These tips won’t only help keep you safe from Covid-19; they will help keep others safe as well.
- Learn about the coronavirus. Understand how Covid-19 spreads from person to person. Make the conscious choice to lessen the chance of coronavirus infection as much as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands when you have the chance, and wash them frequently throughout the day. Use soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Also use hand sanitizer occasionally.
- Avoid contact with strangers. Stay six feet away from everyone when you are out in public. The only people you should be near are people who are unavoidable, such as family and co-workers.
- Wear a mask. Covid-19 spreads through water droplets that can be exhausted from the body via sneezing and coughing. Even talking can expel these droplets into the air. Wearing a mask helps prevent the spread of water droplets.
- Disinfect surfaces often. Keeping surfaces disinfected, especially in businesses, is one of the most important aspects of covid-19 prevention tactics.
- Get tested when you need to. You don’t need to constantly get covid-19 tests; however, you should get tested when you know that you have been around an infected individual.
- Try to boost your immune system. Vitamins and over-the-counter health products can help boost the immune system. There are also immune strengthening IV therapy packages you can try.
After a Positive Test Result
Alert your primary physician of your Covid-19 positive result and stay in touch with them while you are ill. Be sure to alert your doctor of any dramatic changes in your condition.
Quarantining will also be necessary. You should stay away from others until you feel better and test negatively for the virus. The CDC recommends isolating yourself until 10 days after symptoms first appeared in addition to a full 24 hours without a fever.
If you tested positive but have no symptoms, the CDC says to stay home at least 10 days after the positive test result.
People who have a weakened immune system will be required to stay home longer than others. You should consult a medical professional and access your specific situation if you have a weakened immune system.
With at home rapid testing, we will be able to contain Covid-19 faster than before. We will be able to get back to the normal, everyday workings of the world fastest if everyone gets tested when they need to. Even with so many people testing positive and self-isolating, there are many more who are infected with Covid-19 showing no symptoms. These individuals are unknowingly spreading the disease. Even those who show no symptoms should be tested if they have been near and infected person, present at a super-spreader type event, or traveling to and from a Covid-19 hotspot.